The Matrix and iFit partnership enable a seamless connection between Matrix users, their equipment, and iFit's leading trainers.
Fremont CA: Matrix Fitness, a global leader in commercial and premium home fitness equipment, announced a strategic partnership with iFit, the global leader in interactive, connected fitness technology and content, to bring iFit's proprietary workout platform to the Matrix home fitness portfolio.
The collaboration strengthens Matrix's innovative equipment offerings and expands iFit's growing community of users. The announcement also coincides with the launch of Matrix's new touchscreen consoles, which are designed to broaden users' fitness and entertainment options, helping users start a workout routine and stay motivated to keep going.
"We are thrilled to join forces with Matrix and bring the iFit experience to the company's product portfolio and extensive network of customers," said Mark Watterson, President of iFit. "Matrix's portfolio of premium fitness equipment and iFit's technology-connected fitness platform are highly complementary. This partnership allows us to expand iFit to a new set of fitness platforms and retail channels, helping us connect with even more people through motivating, inspiring and interactive workouts."
The iFit platform is integrated into Matrix touchscreen consoles and is available on almost every modality Matrix offers home users: treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, upright bikes, ascent trainers, and ClimbMills. This integration allows Matrix users access to iFit's award-winning, trainer-led streaming workouts shot in exciting locations worldwide, including 50 countries on all seven continents. Users also have access to highly immersive studio classes led by a wide range of trainers: gold-medal-winning Olympians, competitive ultrarunners, triathletes, pro mountain bikers, and inspiring, motivational trainers from around the world.
One year of iFit membership, a value of $468, will be included on all Matrix 2nd generation touchscreen consoles: the 10″ XER, 16″ XIR, and brand-new 22″ XUR.
Highlights of the new generation of Matrix consoles:
• iFit membership provides access to studio classes, Global Workouts, Google Maps Street View, and thousands of workouts led by inspiring trainers
• Connectivity options make it easy to stream entertainment content and track workout data
• Bluetooth FTMS allows users to sync their equipment with workout content for an interactive experience
• Easy access to Matrix exclusive workout programs like Sprint 8 and Virtual Active
• Custom Program lets users create and save up to 100 custom programs
• Workout Calendar saves past workouts for 365 days so users can quickly repeat their favorites