The Future Food-Tech summit (London, October 18-19, 2018) has revealed the13 international start-ups who have been selected toshowcase their technologies and breakthrough innovations at the summit.
From the acclaimed Technology Showcase pitching sessionsto the TechHub networking area and exclusive Food Experiences, the event is vital for theinvestors and global food corporates seeking fresh thinking, new solutions and potential partners among the entrepreneurs set to change the future of food.
• Alkinnov(France) is a young biotech developing and producing natural innovative ingredients through an eco-friendly and GMO-free robotised process of plant biostimulation. Alkinnov aims to revolutionise the nutrition market with its intense sweet proteins, superfood, flavours and other natural additives, and tackle the cannatech market.
• Amai Proteins (Israel) produces healthy sweet proteins as a sugar substitute. The sweeteners are healthy (zero calories, zero glycaemic-index), widely-food-compatible, cost-effective, non-GMO and taste like sugar.
• Ambrosus (Estonia) is a blockchain-powered IoT network for food and pharmaceutical enterprises, enabling secure and frictionless dialogue between sensors, distributed ledgers and databases to optimise supply-chain visibility and quality assurance. Through its blockchain AMB-NET, Ambrosus focuses on supply chain optimisation, logistics tracking, quality assurance and anti-counterfeiting.
• Astrona (USA) is producing an easy-to-use, hand-held pathogen detection device that can be deployed on-site at every phase of food production. The device uses its patented technology to detect the RNA of the pathogens allowing for the detection of bacteria, viruses and fungi without a culturing step. The determination of pathogen presence can be obtained in 1 hour, much faster than current methods.
• BluWrap(USA) haspioneered market leading technology which has been demonstrated to significantly extend the shelflife of fresh proteins including salmon and pork in a sustainable way without compromising quality.
• Chefling(USA) provides the ultimate smart kitchen solution leveraging an AI-driven platform to seamlessly incorporate inventory organisation, intuitive recipe suggestion, shopping list management and voice assistant integration to simplify the cooking experience in today’s connected home.
• Ederna (France) uses its proprietary cold liquid concentration technology to produce COFFEOS®, a rich flavour cold-brew coffee super concentrate.
• FlavorWiki (Switzerland) is a unique consumer insights and data management solution designed specifically for the food and beverage industry. Combining digital technology, mathematical algorithms and sensory science to capture actionable consumer insights at scale with a focus on taste perception and preference, FlavorWiki tools have applications throughout the value chain from farm to fork.
• Nutrition Innovation (Singapore) technology empowers global mills to produce a healthier, less refined, industrial low GI sugar as a replacement for white refined sugar. As brands look for sugar replacement solutions, this innovation unleashes the development and adoption of healthier food and beverage products.
• Savormetrics(Canada) proprietary sensing technologies extract biochemical and biophysical data from food products. The data is fed into its AI module that instantaneously performs feature engineering and machine learning based correlations to provide metrics including: shelf life prediction, right time to harvest, detection of harmful chemicals, quality profiling and taste profiling. Theinformation allows its customers to perform smarter procurement and inventory management leading to reduced costs and increased profits.
• Startchy (Lebanon) is synthesising a starch-based bio-plastic coating for fruits and vegetables, aiming to offer a biological alternative to wax and vacuumed plastic for preserving food and extending shelf-life.
• Triton Algae Innovations (USA) provides novel solutions for the world’s food and feed shortages. Its microalgaeChlamydomonas reinhardtiiis safe, tastes great and is rich in essential amino acids, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A and other vital nutrients. To unleash its potential, Triton developed scalable, environmentally friendly manufacturing processes, demonstrated benefits to gut health, and pioneered biotechnology tools to produce nutritional compounds such as colostrum proteins and heme-proteins for future foods.
• Veg of Lund (Sweden) - The core of the company is the patented heat-stable emulsion based on potatoes and rapeseed oil. The emulsion is the base for the commercial development of plant based liquid food solutions that are tasty, nutritious and allergen free. Its first application is MyFoodie by Veg of Lund - like a smoothie, but more filling, more nutritious, a Foodie.
Future Food-Tech is an international investment and innovation summit, held annually in London, San Francisco and New York. Focused on harnessing technology to address the critical issues facing the global food industry, the London summit (October 18-19, 2018) brings together over 300 global food-brands, investors and entrepreneurs to create new alliances and accelerate the adoption and commercialisation of new products and solutions.