Drums Food International Hokey Pokey Ice-creams Raises Rs.5 Crore

Bangalore: Run by Drums Food International, the ice-cream brand, Hokey Pokey raises Rs.5 Crore in their second round of funding led by TPG Growth Country Head - Vish Narain and Fireside Ventures – a private investment firm – along with existing investor Shripad Nadkarni. The 40 percent of the fund will be utilized to launch its second product Epigamia – a variety of Greek yogurt, whilst the remaining 60 percent will be utilized for escalating production capacity and expanding distribution across cities. Till today, the firm has raised upto Rs.15 Crore, including the existing round. However, the detail on stakes equity and revenue remains unrevealed.

Founded in 2008 by Rohan Mirchandani, Chef Ganesh K, Milap Shah and Uday Thakker, Hockey Pokey was the first parlour which introduced the concept of mixing Ice Creams on a Cold Stone slab which gave the customers the freedom to create their own Ice Cream Live.

Comprehending its consumer desire vigilantly, the company attempt to build more innovative range of lifestyle food products and has brand retail franchisee partners such as Godrej’s Nature Basket, Future Group Foodhall, Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Hypercity and many more. It also sells through some e-Commerce platforms such as BigBasket, Local Banya  and others. Recently, the company has also partnered with coffee chain Barista Lavazza to set up counters in select Barista Lavazza outlets. Hokey Pokey is currently serving in six major cities of the country including Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.

 

Current Issue

Featured Startups

Saurav Arora ,Director,IMHERE24X7

IMHERE24x7- Never Lose Sight of Anything

Saurav Arora ,Director,IMHERE24X7

Pavankumar Bolisetty,Director–Security Consulting,E-Com-Security-Solutions

E Com Security Solutions: Global Leader in Information Security Services

Pavankumar Bolisetty,Director–Security Consulting,E-Com-Security-Solutions